Limassol is famous for its long cultural tradition, as well as its major folklore festivities.
Visitors have the chance to experience various cultural activities and more, such as theatrical, dancing and musical shows, in addition to visiting museums and archaeological sites around the city, which provide an astonishing combination of Frankish, Byzantine, Ottoman and contemporary influences. The Municipality of Limassol has numerous cultural centres, including:
- the Municipal University Library
- the Municipal Art Gallery
- the Municipal Museum of Folk Art
- the Papadakeio Municipal School of Music
- the Pattihio Municipal Museum – Historical Archive
- the Museum of Solonas Michaelides
- the Municipal Centre of Arts.
Our city’s cultural wealth is enhanced by its multinational composition: Tens of thousands of people from other countries have become an indivisible part of our society.